The game looks great! Though will you add Creed's epilogue back into the game soon?
A downloadable game
- Play through twenty weeks in-game to raise relationship with one of three love interests
- Encounter voiced routes following a story unique to their character.
- Schedule your week using Kira's daily planner to choose how to spend your time
While this story is a branching route, Creed and Iris's romantic routes are to be considered strictly Non-Canon.
Robin Akiba: DJ Horn
Creed Akiba: Daniel Nanetti-Palacios
Iris Aria: Cheyenne Victory
Luvina Jupiter: Elissa Park
Rana Aria: Victoria Wong
Arash Aria: Andrew Mimms
Public Domain Images
Music and Sound:
The Voice Actors
Shireen + Alex Victory
My Creative Writing class for helping me edit
Paper Roses was my first attempt at a visual novel for NaNoRenO, and is currently lacking in content quite a bit but is still in progress never the less. It can be played from start to finish, but still needs updated CGs, sprites, GUI and editing before it's considered whole.
- Sometimes you will go to work instead of what you're supposed to do
- Some voice acting is missing.
- Creed sometimes misses the place he's supposed to be in one on one time
- The king and queen are placeholder sprites and they don't allign properly. Their mouths don't move either. That scene is just a mess lol
- In scenes done nearer to the end, the lines aren't paced.
- Some of the GUI is renpy default because I ran out of time due to personal emergencies etc.
- Sleepovers are not available yet
- Two dates are available for Robin, one date for Creed. Iris will always reject your request
- Minor Text Fixes
- Audio error fixes
- Graphical errors in Creed's 4th event
- Fixed a major glitch that made it impossible to get Robin's Epilogue if you romanced him above the red rose level, and would send you to Iris's instead
- A bonus epilogue was added in for Robin if you continue romancing after reaching the final rose colour
- Epilogues of Creed and Iris Temporarily taken out
- One date for Creed added in
- Creed's date now acts as an explanation as to why he has coloured eyes.
- Robin's Ending CG updated to a completely new piece
- Creed's route now has the major CGs
- Re-Added missing Dialogue for when no event occurs when having coffee.
- Continuity error fix with how Kira x Robin met
- Credits Updated
- Minor Text Fixes
- Some pacing added for the final scene
- Minor bug fixes
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Oh my gosh! I'm so, so sorry about the delay in reply! My notifications have been acting up. Thank you so much for your comment <3
I just finished my second VN so I'll be returning to my main project as well as fixing up Paper Roses when I can! Creed was more popular than anticipated so I regret not being prepared at release for that, but I will do my best to ready his route for the future! :)
I love the game! The artstyle is incredible, the voice actors are amazing and the story is so intriuging I can't help but play this game multiple times. My only problem is that the game can be rather repetitive when i'm going through trying to understand more of the story.
It would be nice if the game was either a little shorter or if there were little mini games to make it feel like the player is more involved, but, other than that I could definitely play this game over and over again. This game is still outstanding especially with how you mentioned it was your first visual novel for NaNoRenO. S2
Ahhhhhh thank you so, so much! That means the world to me!
The repetitive thing is very much an issue and I'll take the mini-game suggestion into account :) I wasn't expecting people to play it-- let alone more than once so I'll do my best to fix it up when I can! The length is sadly as short as the game could be to avoid too much overlap (I had to do the math when making the game), so I'll brainstorm when I come back to do Iris's route and see if I can fix it up!
Thank you so, so much! It was my first time making a real VN and first time grappling with / touching Python so I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it! I really hope to fix it up soon! Thank you so much for the suggestions :)
This is an absolutely wonderful game! The voice acting is amazing and the concept has to be one of my favourites!
Oh gosh!! This absolutely made my terrible week ahhh thank you so much ;-; I'm so glad you enjoyed it <3 It means so much to me to have been able to share it ;;
Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for playing!!
I can't wait to play this! Everything looks amazing :)
Ahhhhhhh you're so sweet ;-; Thank you so much <3 I hope you find some enjoyment out of it!
great game love the story <3
Oh my gosh! Lovely thank you so much ;-; You made my day <3
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it!
I love this so much, I stayed up until 4 in the morning just to play it all the way through. I did have some glitches but the game was still so enjoyable, Loveless is forever my favorite character >u>
Oh m gosh ;; Thank you so much jwiejfweoif???? ;-; Thank you??
There are quite a few glitches
because I haven't been able to properly playtest yet but thank you so, so much for playing regardless!! <3 That made my week jfwejfwef
Loveless wasn't originally supposed to be in the game but he's lowkey my favourite too :') I'm so glad you like him <3
Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for playing! Ahh I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Hi!! I'm currently playing and I'm in the middle of trying to romance Creed (fingers crossed its working!) and I was so frustrated because he kept denying my date request but i just read the little faq thing hahahaha. keep up the good work! the idea and art for this game is amazing, especially the music and voice acting! im living for this game and i cant wait until its fully done/updated!! kis xo
Hi! You honestly made my day! Thank you so much!! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying it despite how broken it is haha I promise the dates will make an appearance as soon as possible (As will Creed's CGs which are missing oops)
Thank you so much for playing! You made my day ahh I promise to have something new out soon <3
Have a wonderful day~!
why are creeds eyes colored does he have a soul mate, maybe im not far enough in yet... I feel bad "stealing" someones soulmate though...
Hi there! Thanks so much for your comment and for playing <3
Sorry about the confusion! Every human in the universe except for Seers (Who naturally get their eye colour) have soulmates~! The Seer thing is missing from the game right now because I didn't have time to add it in, but it should come for the next update!
The thing is that soulmates aren't really a 'good' thing in this universe (Even though people are morally obligated to marry them, as you've probably gathered) as you'll kind of see through the game. The title of the game may kind of help you see what I mean by the end~!
That said, If you're worried, I can say that no one will get mad at you for whoever you choose. Basically as long as you romance someone, there's a happy ending <3
I will say that Creed's route is severely lacking in CGs (By that I mean there are exactly none) and I'll be fixing that for the next update I hope!
Thank you so much for your comment~ Have an amazing day! Thank you so much for playing :)
I really enjoyed this. I liked the cute details, and your voice actors did really well! I look forward to your future games.
You're so kind! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I'm really happy you were able to find some enjoyment in the game :)
Looks interesting, downloading now!