why are creeds eyes colored does he have a soul mate, maybe im not far enough in yet... I feel bad "stealing" someones soulmate though...
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
- Play through twenty weeks in-game to raise relationship with one of three love interests
- Encounter voiced routes following a story unique to their character.
- Schedule your week using Kira's daily planner to choose how to spend your time
Robin Akiba: DJ Horn
Creed Akiba: Daniel Nanetti-Palacios
Iris Aria: Cheyenne Victory
Luvina Jupiter: Elissa Park
Rana Aria: Victoria Wong
Arash Aria: Andrew Mimms
Public Domain Images
Music and Sound:
The Voice Actors
Shireen + Alex Victory
My Creative Writing class
Paper Roses was my first attempt at a visual novel for NaNoRenO, and is currently lacking in content quite a bit but is still in progress never the less. It can be played from start to finish, but still needs updated CGs, sprites, GUI and editing before it's considered whole.
- In one of Creed's route events he wears a princess dress. The joke was that he's wearing something outside of his social class and it's funny because it suits him, but I'm recognizing that it wasn't communicated well enough and seemed like him wearing the dress was the sole joke. I'll be fixing that in the next versions.
- Sometimes you will go to work instead of what you're supposed to do
- Some voice acting is missing. I'll release a new version with all of the lines once I'm not on a deadline
- CGs outside of Robin's route have not been drawn. All but one of Robin's CGs will be redrawn
- Creed sometimes misses the place he's supposed to be in one on one time
- The king and queen are placeholder sprites and they don't allign properly. Their mouths don't move either. That scene is just a mess lol
- In scenes done nearer to the end, the lines aren't paced.
- Some of the GUI is renpy default because I ran out of time due to personal emergencies etc.
- Sleepovers are not available yet
- Two dates are available for Robin only. Creed and Iris will always reject the request
- Coffee dates for Robin and iris don't have dialogue even though they should 1/3 times
- Minor Text Fixes
- Audio error fixes
- Graphical errors in Creed's 4th event
- Fixed a major glitch that made it impossible to get Robin's Epilogue if you romanced him above the red rose level, and would send you to Iris's instead
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hi there! Thanks so much for your comment and for playing <3
Sorry about the confusion! Every human in the universe except for Seers (Who naturally get their eye colour) have soulmates~! The Seer thing is missing from the game right now because I didn't have time to add it in, but it should come for the next update!
The thing is that soulmates aren't really a 'good' thing in this universe (Even though people are morally obligated to marry them, as you've probably gathered) as you'll kind of see through the game. The title of the game may kind of help you see what I mean by the end~!
That said, If you're worried, I can say that no one will get mad at you for whoever you choose. Basically as long as you romance someone, there's a happy ending <3
I will say that Creed's route is severely lacking in CGs (By that I mean there are exactly none) and I'll be fixing that for the next update I hope!
Thank you so much for your comment~ Have an amazing day! Thank you so much for playing :)
I really enjoyed this. I liked the cute details, and your voice actors did really well! I look forward to your future games.
You're so kind! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I'm really happy you were able to find some enjoyment in the game :)
Looks interesting, downloading now!